Possible to build a hackintosh with the following hardware

RazziaDK

5 posts in this topic

I would like to start making apps for the iPhone, but I hate working in Xcode on my Macbook Pro because of the screen size (and the old C2Duo CPU)- my current PC have two 24" screens connected to it, and I love it! Unfortunately I only have Windows 7 on the PC at the moment.

I was wondering if it is possible to run a dualboot windows 7/hackintosh configuration on the following hardware:

CPU: Intel Core i7-920 (d0 stepping)

Motherboard: Asus Rampage II Gene

RAM: 3 x 2 GB Corsair XMS3 (I think its 1600 MHz CL7, but not sure)

Graphics: Gainward Geforce GTX 570 Phantom

SSD: Intel 80 GB

HDD: Samsung 1 TB F3

ODD: Samsing DVD Writer

PSU: Corsair HX620

CPU Cooler: Corsair H60

Case: Fractal Design R3 Black

Bluetooth: Bluetinium USB stick

As a Windows 7 gamer PC i'm quite happy with it, but can it be used for a dual monitor, dual boot (windows 7 on SSD, OSX on HDD) hackintosh build? I would like to run Mountain Lion and use my Apple Wireless Keyboard and Magic Trackpad with it as well.

I'm quite sure, that I can use the CPU, Memory, SSD, HDD and so on - i'm only worried about the motherboard and graphics card.

Comments on the hardware and a few links on where to start will be highly appreciated!

Thank you! I wanna try your general 10.8 guide, but the I have some problems downloading the Chameleon Bootloader. It seems the BuildBot is down, and the link later in the post (http://www.insanelym...ttach_id=112830) gives me a "[#10171] You do not have permission to view this attachment."

Is there another place to download the bootloader?