ASRock Z77 Extreme 4: USB 3.0 Ports not working

eroxm

3 posts in this topic

My setup is running quite well by now, what's not working is the USB 3.0 ports. I've made two screenshots of the system profiler:

usb3-1lcut1.png

usb3-2bhu2d.png

I think what's shown here is the Z77 integrated USB 3.0 ports. The board also features an ASMedia ASM1042 for 2 additional ports, but without the suitable kext, it shouldn't be recognized by the OS. When I plug in a USB flash drive or hard drive, the LED of the drive is on, but it doesn't get recognized by the system, it just simply does nothing. I tried the rear and the front ports. Has anybody a hint how I can get this to work? If somebody needs to take a look at the DSDT or ioreg, I've attached them to this post.

Thanks in advance for your help!

eroxm

eroxm_dsdt_ioreg.zip

• 4 weeks later...

The board also features an ASMedia ASM1042 for 2 additional ports, but without the suitable kext, it shouldn't be recognized by the OS. When I plug in a USB flash drive or hard drive, the LED of the drive is on, but it doesn't get recognized by the system, it just simply does nothing. I tried the rear and the front ports. Has anybody a hint how I can get this to work? If somebody needs to take a look at the DSDT or ioreg, I've attached them to this post.

Thanks in advance for your help!

eroxm

Try these modified drivers http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?dxcetph021ft8uy

• 2 months later...