Works nice but small issues

mediamac

17 posts in this topic

Hi,

I have xfx nforce 680i Sli motherboard with intel q6600 cpu.

I got managed to install Ipc osx86 10.5.6 with 940StageXNUKernel and acpi fix with DSDT force compile.I install 10.5.8 update and the sleep now works and it also wake up without any issues.But the boot takes a long time about 70 seconds.

Also is that necessary to use CPUS=1 on boot up because i got the RTL 8139 network disconnected frequently.

Also is there any working guide on enabling sleep on snow leopard on this board.Please let me know if any.

@ mediamac

What does your MOBO's lspci -nn output show?

Have you seen http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=167180.....?

Sleep is a problem post-10.5.6.......

@ mediamac

What does your MOBO's lspci -nn output show?

Have you seen http://www.insanelym...howtopic=167180.....?

Sleep is a problem post-10.5.6.......

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.I got sleep working 100% it also wakes normal and reboots fine but only thing is if OS got crashed and if i switch off the computer directly from the power switch BIOS gets corrupted.But sleep is working on 10.5.8.

What is lspci - nn how to find ?

Thanks

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.I got sleep working 100% it also wakes normal and reboots fine but only thing is if OS got crashed and if i switch off the computer directly from the power switch BIOS gets corrupted.But sleep is working on 10.5.8.

What is lspci - nn how to find ?

Thanks

You can install and run lspci using OSx86Tools or run DPCIManager and it will give a list of your devices and their IDs.......which can help identify what kexts may be needed to support the devices....... :)

I have all working except RTL 8139 ethernet.It works but it loses connections soon even after using PCGENRTL8139 kext.

I got DPCI Manager which device information you need.

Thanks

@ mediamac

I am interested in the Ethernet devices listed........

@ mediamac

Check that the Info.plist file of the PCGENRTL8139.kext contains 0x813910ec.

However, I have also seen that the XFX 680i SLI MOBO is listed as having two Marvell 88E1118 Gigabit Ethernet LAN controllers onboard.....?

@ mediamac

Check that the Info.plist file of the PCGENRTL8139.kext contains 0x813910ec.

However, I have also seen that the XFX 680i SLI MOBO is listed as having two Marvell 88E1118 Gigabit Ethernet LAN controllers onboard.....?

I have checked the kext info plist and it contains the device ID listed.

My motherboard is XFX 680I SLI LT which has one gigabit ethernet which was fried by lightening storm.So i am using that PCI card which has 8139 semiconductor.

Is it possible to repair a fried ethernet ?

@ mediamac

Sorry about the 'fried' onboard LAN.......

OS X Leopard does not get on well with the RTL8139..........see here........your best bet is a PIC NIC with the Realtek RTL8169 chipset, e.g. Netgear GA311.......allowing you to use the AppleRTL8169Ethernet.kext......

@ mediamac

Sorry about the 'fried' onboard LAN.......

OS X Leopard does not get on well with the RTL8139..........see here........your best bet is a PIC NIC with the Realtek RTL8169 chipset, e.g. Netgear GA311.......allowing you to use the AppleEthernetRTL8169.kext......

Yes same as i thought.I was looking into your signature and the peripherals you listed and i thought of buying netgear Ga311 adaptor.I think its price around $35 - $40 but i will buy it.So it will work OOB right?

@ mediamac

I am still using my Netgear GA311 with OS X Leopard through to OS X Mountain Lion by putting the AppleRTL8169Ethernet.kext from Snow Leopard into the OS X Lion and Mountain Lion /S/L/E/ folders....... :)

• Like 1

@ mediamac

It does not have to be a Netgear GA311 card, just a Gigabit Ethernet PCI or PCI-e NIC that uses the Realtek RTL8169 chipset.......:)

@ mediamac

I do not have sleep working on my nForce MOBO because I have overclocked the CPU and RAM.......you may be fortunate with sleep or discovered something others have missed, e.g. a specific DSDT.aml section etc..........look at iLeopod's 680i topic......what procedure did you follow to get it working?......I will try it with my OS X 10.5.8 system to replicate what you did and see if it works for me.....

Okay here i used the following kext and kernels.

I used IPC osx86 10.5.6 with 940stageXNUkernel (but you can also try other kernel)

I used ACPI fix which prevents the CMOS reset when i restart the system (i think )

I used DSDT Force compile - if you need this DSDT i will send it.

So sleep works and i also wakes up - by switching on the power button only and not on mouse or keyboard click.

I have also updated to 10.5.8.

Let me know if you need any other details i am glad to post.