Hibernation for Mountain Lion 10.8

12 posts in this topic

Can anyone make latest chameleon with hibernation support (suspend to disk) with patch from Vladimir Zidar? like this:

http://www.osx86.net/view/2254-chame..._for_lion.html

Or give me at least the source code Chameleon 2.1 1793(for lion) and 20xx(for mountain lion). Although I am not programmer and never done it. But I'll try invent something.

Bootloader Chameleon 2.1 1793 do not load the system. (immediately goes to restart )

Or maybe the bootloader Clover will help to solve this problem?

I use hibernatemode 29.

• Like 2

how did you get it to work on lion? i tried vlad's boot loader, it sleeps, but upon waking from it gives me an infinite loop of restart. is there a way to get it to wake from hibernation? i'm always annoyed when putting the command "Wake=No" to stop the loop

LifeOnRice, in the Lion version 10.7.4 won't work. I have works it fine in the version 10.7.3 with sudo pmset hibernatemode 29

and with Chamelion 2.1 1793.

- In the file / Extra / org.chameleon.Boot.plist you must have the lines:

<key> Wake </ key>

<string> Yes </ string>

<key> ForceWake </ key>

<string> No </ string>

if someone friendly enables hibernation on the latest build of chameleon, then imma test along with your guide. atm can you get regular sleep working? mines won't wake because of my locked bios, but if someone found a solution without tinkering the bios then my computer is 100% functioning

LifeOnRice What's problem you have? Is loked bios? -> Then you should remove the bios-baterry, after you must wait 5-10 minutes, and then you should put in your bios-baterry back.

What do these words mean, such as "imma" and "atm"?

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone make latest chameleon with hibernation support (suspend to disk) with patch from Vladimir Zidar? like this:

http://www.osx86.net/view/2254-chame..._for_lion.html

Or give me at least the source code Chameleon 2.1 1793(for lion) and 20xx(for mountain lion). Although I am not programmer and never done it. But I'll try invent something.

Bootloader Chameleon 2.1 1793 do not load the system. (immediately goes to restart )

Or maybe the bootloader Clover will help to solve this problem?

I use hibernatemode 29.

I will patching the chameleon boot file with hibernation patch, if chameleon works with 10.8 i upload the patched boot file.

As LifeOnRice said hibernation stop working in 10.7.4...well i will try it to 10.8 now! Wish me good luck! :)

I trick the boot file with "Vladimir" patch but headers isnt same with 10.7. The resume proccess starts with a crapped image and when restore complete machine reboots!

i uploaded the bott file for any want to check!

Also i remove the headers check and secure check from boot file. Thats all can i do, we need chameleon dev team to work on this!

Please report it to chameleon issues! Thanks.

boot.zip

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Hello. Let's talk about it again!

I am using the Chamelion now. Because I don't see what is clover better than Chamelion for me.

First of all, if we want that hibernation will be to be done. We must, must fine a part of these sources that is responsible for this.

http://www.osx86.net/view/2254-chameleon_2.1r1793_-_fixed_hibernation_for_lion.html

Our hammer is Xcode for it.

I'm not a programmer but I did a sweat thing http://www.osx86.net/view/3558-applesmartbatterymanagermini_for_ml.html with Xcode.

Maybe in this case we should find a part that is responsible for it. And past it into new Chameleon for Mountain Lion.

Here we go!

• 1 month later...