• Announcements

• Allan

Forum Rules   04/13/2018

Hello folks! As some things are being fixed, we'll keep you updated. Per hour the Forum Rules don't have a dedicated "Tab", so here is the place that we have our Rules back. New Users Lounge > [READ] - InsanelyMac Forum Rules - The InsanelyMac Staff Team. 
SpaceCowboy74

Can't Install Mountain Lion

2 posts in this topic

Here's the parts in my system:

ASUS Maximus III Formula LGA 1156 Intel P55 ATX Intel Motherboard

Intel Core i7-860 Lynnfield 2.8GHz LGA 1156 95W Quad-Core Processor BX80605I7860

HIS H587F1GDG Radeon HD 5870 (Cypress XT) 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video

Western Digital Caviar Green WD15EARS 1.5TB SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

OCZ Agility Series OCZSSD2-1AGT60G 2.5" 60GB SATA II MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)

CORSAIR XMS3 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model CMX4GX3M2A1600C8

I was able to boot to the USB drive and install Mountain Lion to the SSD listed, though i did have to use GraphicsEnabler=no. I then reboot and tell it to load the SSD install and all goes well. I then run M-Beast (latest Lion version) off my USB drive. I copied the DSDT found in the DSDT database into the same folder as M-Beast on the USB drive. When i run M-Beast, I selected the UserDSDT Install, System Utilities, Drivers - > Audio -> Universal, Disk -> SATA, (i think one or two other things in there?) NullCPUPoertManagement, and the Realteck GBE driver. I also selected 64 bit boot screen. Finally, i copied the DSDT to the "Desktop screen" as well.

Anyway, after boot, I get the "apple" screen when it boots from the SSD instead of the USB drive. I tried going back to the USB drive to boot as I did when i first installed, but no luck. I also tried typing in GraphicsEnabler=no, still nothing. When i do a Verbose boot, I get to the IOAPIC line and everything stops.

Did i do something wrong? I am not sure i used the UserDSDT quite right as i was never asked for a path to the DSDT.

u need to use appleACPIPlatform.kext from SL, version 1.3.5, any other Mbeast related issues will need to see thier site for support

edit:I was thinking u had x58 so that may not be needed, but shouldn't hurt to try