Welcome to InsanelyMac Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  

Can I install Mac OsX ? Asus G60Vx

2 posts in this topic

Hello Everyone I have been browsing the internet lately to see if it was possible to get an install of the latest Mac OSX on my laptop. I love the operating system so much but do not want to fork out 1200 dollars to try and buy on. I believe I have great specs on my laptop and was wondering if it would be possible, so here we go.

Laptop: Asus G60vx

4GB of RAM

320 GIG HARD Drive

Intel Centrino 2 Dual Core Processor 2.13Ghz

NVIDIA Geforce GTX 260M

Intel Wifi Link 5100 AGN

The only thing I am seeing that will not install is the wifi and I cant seem to find anything updated that says they have made a kext for it or they aren't ever going to. Anyone have any input it would be gladly appreciated. I just want my laptop to work with wifi

Chances are you'll need to change that WiFi card / get a usb one - see the wiki for compatible ones.

I believe apart from that you're good to go.

If you have a spare hdd swap your windows one out and try installing os x to the spare one first - lets you get everything working without having to worry about having an unusable laptop whilst yu figure out your os x install.