External USB Optical Drive

4 posts in this topic

I have an external Pioneer DVR 107D usb optical drive. No internal optical drive. It works fine, but DVD Player.app gives "no valid device found" error when opened. VLC player works with it, but I would prefer to use the native app. Any help appreciated.

Hello JUN Ho. Thank you for your reply. I tried the advice in the link two times, but it just caused DVD Player.app to crash with a new error: DVD Player quit unexpectedly. The error message also had an option to send a report to Apple (attached). The drive is shown correctly in System Information, and the drive's name is shown on the open/eject button on the menu bar. Still stumped.

Report.rtf

• 2 weeks later...

I still cannot get my external usb optical drive to work with DVDPlayer.app, but I found this: h**p://macnuts.pixnet.net/blog/post/36791642. I really had my hopes up, but it just quits on my system. Maybe someone with more know-how can do something with it. Sorry for not posting something more helpful. :)

My problem has been resolved. Thank you. http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/282487-how-to-fix-dvd-player-error-70012/