Welcome to InsanelyMac Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

4 posts in this topic

This probably isnt the place to ask this but i need big big help. I have a macbook and my stupid self formatted my hdd and put windows 8 like an idiot. So i realy really want to go back to mac os x 10.6.8 and i dont have a disk but i have it as a .DMG file and i need to put it on there so i can boot it on my macbook from the apple thing when you first turn on e computer thting. I did try Transmac but my mac didint find it in the boot chooser thing so somebody please help me make this usb drive bootable from my macbook thanks

Mount your DMG to a USB, or burn it to a DVD, put that in your MacBook and reboot holding option, it should ask you which volume you want to boot from, select the install disk, either USB or optical. It should install Mac just fine.

I've never had this exact problem, but I've heard that hfs explorer works well http://www.catacombae.org/hfsx.html

Use that, and then any burning utility to burn to disk. You could also try windows 7 usb dvd download tool (google it) I've got it to work with Linux, so it might be worth a shot.

I'll try both these methods tomorow.