ATI Radeon x800GT (0x554b) problem :(

glum

8 posts in this topic

Hey Guys.

I have just installed 10.4.6 (Jas) and working on getting QE/CI to work with my x800GT (0x554b). I followed koverg's instructions but it didnt work :). What i get after a reboot is broun "apple loading screen" with apple logo and a mouse pointer. It could be nice of you could come with some suggestions of what is wrong because i am quite lost right now :)

Oh and a little additional problem:

Mac os X doesnt shutdown my computer, it simply hangs the computer after a couple of seconds. My chipset is 915GL. Could be nice if you could help me with that too.

Thanks in advance

Glummy

I just tried callisto and it gave me "Reboot your computer screen". now i am totally lost

You probably typo'd somewhere.

That link I gave you - if you scroll down to posting #3, it tells you how to remove the Callisto drivers.

Whenever you are pointed to a "guide", always read the thread it is in. You will learn from the experiences of others.

I had a x800GT that worked perfectly (powercolor), but to acheive this I´ve changed the vendor ID to 1002 (ATI) subvendor to 6160 and Device ID to 5D4F. I used RABIT in Windows to do the trick.

Also a freind of mine, with the same card (and same FW modifications) used it on OS X.

But now mine or his aren´t working anymore!

I dunno what happened! I think it´s something related to the Motherboard, an Asus P5WD2 Premium. Since I changed it (the first one had a problem with CPU COOLER SENSOR) my problems begun. My freind changed from an Intel 945PSN to this Asus and the Powercolor can´t get CI & QE anymore.