Need help regarding Marvell 88SE6145 SATA Driver

dnld

1 post in this topic

I am very much new to this forum. I do not know the rules of the forum regarding repeat post. So I am writing the same thing here to get some help from experts. Same thing I posted in the New Users Lounge, but no body yet replied. Due to this I am writing here again.

I tried to install Mac OS X in my system configuration listed below. Ultimately I could success at iAtkos L2 with some hardware change.

My system Configuration was as below:

Motherboard : Intel Corporation D975XBX2

BIOS : i975 (with updated bios BX97520J.86A.2838 of 9/3/2008)

Sound : Intel 82801G

SigmaTel 9227 audio codec

SigmaTel 9274D audio codec

Lan Card : Intel 82573E/82573L Gigabit Ethernet Controller

IEEE-1394a

Serial ATA Controller : Marvell 88SE6145 Serial ATA

Processor : Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.40GHz

Memory : Corsair XMS2 DDR2 PC2-6400 (400Mhz) (4GB Duel channel)

Graphic Card : XFX nVidia 8600GT 256mb DDR3

As Display card 8600GT does not support VGA output only DVI giving output, I changed it to my another card nVidia Sparkle 8400GS 512MB and found both the ports are working fine with all resolution by only enabling nVidia Enabler option.

Now the system is updated to 10.7.4 by combo updater.

I came here to get some help regarding my other SATA port connectivity apart from the main.

My other SATA Controller is Marvell 88SE6145. But not showing the drives connected with these (4-nos) ports. Where as it was working fine in windows system, with a driver form Asus. I tried 2 to 3 manipulations found from various forums, but with no results. Moreover I do not require RAID I need these are only for storage purpose. If some one know the process or some one could configure this card in Mac os/Hakintosh please guide me so that I can use it in my Mac os installation.

Thanking you,

With regards,

Dnld