ASUS P5QL PRO AttansicL1 problem?

rekoji

6 posts in this topic

So I had my computer set up for iAtkos L2, pretty common specs, Q9550, ASUS P5QL PRO, nVidia GTX275, nothing too fancy to find compatible kexts for.

In fact, I have had perfect installations of Leopard (iDeneb 10.5.8), Snow Leopard (using tonymac's method) and Lion (by upgrading from SL, also using tonymac's method) before, in between those periods I deleted the hackintosh partitions and switched back to Windows for a while.

Things started complicating when I got bored with Windows again and downloaded iAtkos L2 10.7.2. Installation was perfect, even smoother than all my previous hackintosh experiences, but my ethernet just won't work. Note that on my previous installation of Lion (albeit it being upgraded from SL, everything was working perfectly).

I have tried every kext I could find (AtherosL1Ethernet, AttansicL1Ethernet, AttansicL1cEthernet, AttansicL1eEthernet, ... you name it), I tried using MB 4.6, I even reinstalled the whole OS for no reason several times but to no avail.

I was wondering if I did the installation of kext wrong? I remember quite clearly when I was messing with SL, ethernet didn't work at first, but as soon I used Kext Helper on this one particular kext (which conviniently I forget where I got it), my ethernet configuration in Network Preferences light up like a Christmas tree and I was enjoying my Internet right after that. No need for reboot or anything.

Was I supposed to delete the wrong kext before installing a new one (I did)? Was deleting a wrong kext just by moving it to Trash enough (I did just that)?

Excuse me for any newb questions, I appreciate all your help :D if there is any additional info you might need, please list them and I will try to reply asap.

Tried that one before and tried again after your post, still not working.

Pretty sure my ethernet cable is firmly in place. Could this be something that is due to the compatibility of my system and iAtkos (even farfetched as it sounds)?