HDMI out not working on GTS 250

delstam

3 posts in this topic

Hello everyone! I recently installed Mac Lion 10.7 on a G41-ES2L Motherboard and I am really happy that almost everything worked without the need of further work to do. I used Kakewalk 4.1.1, which provides a DSDT for my specific motherboard. However, my Nvidia GTS 250 1GB can't output hdmi. My graphics card is recognized, I am able to see the name, brand, etc. thanks to the upgrade to 10.7.4. All of the computer components work just fine. The only thing is this graphics card.. I haven't touched the com.apple.boot.plist for what it's worth. Do you have any idea what could be causing this and how to fix this? Thank you for the assistance.

It uses a g92 gpu (pretty much 8800gtx) nested on a custom non-referece PCB board. By default this gpu does not support HDMI as it comes with dual*link dvis and s-video. You can't make it work on par with the other connector be it VGA+HDMI or DVI-HDMI. Also sound is delivered through an audio loop cable, cause the card doesn't have an onboard codec. Leave it be ir swap a card for a more recent one.