Customized Installation

PolishOX

3 posts in this topic

I'm here to ask those with success stories and the OSx86 Gurus one simple question...

Is it better to remove extra languages and printer drivers from an OSx86 installation?

Is less more? Can't these things be added later once OS X is installed and working?

Additionally, if you know that youre wifi isn't supported, shouldn't that be excluded from a custom installation?

Finally, once OSX is installed and working, what .kexts files should be removed by many users?

As a general rule of thumb, I see quite a few recommendations being made on a daily basis regarding the deletion of quite a few .kext files which are then rebuilt later...

I'm sure there are a few others who would like to hear such recommendations.

Any help answering such questions?

just a comment about languages...if you don't know them when your installing whats the point of installing them....on the slim chance you MIGHT learn another one I don't think reinstalling Mac OSx86 will even be a thought.

most people dual boot and may not give osx that much room so why not save the gig or so by not installing the languages...thats more tracks for itunes 7 to crash on :poster_oops: