Which mobo would work with OSx86?

7 posts in this topic

how about this one?

ASUS P5N32-SLI SE Deluxe

Please, someone help me out!

I repeat:

nforce takes some work to get working and even then is iffy...

also sata support on these boards is questionable at best.

when you say SLI do you mean Nvidia or ATI crossfire. Nvidia's aren't fully supported as of right now so no qe/ci and no opengl...you can check the current status of the macvidia driver here: http://macvidia.starchaser.org/ So nvidia sli might not be the right option as of right now...Some Intel 975's support crossfire for ATI cards but I am unsure of crossfire in Mac OSx86.

as for your board your asking about the Asus P5N32-SLI SE Deluxe the HCL shows this:

P5N32-SLI Deluxe ASUS Only one NIC working (suppose the nForce4 one), no SATA (neither nForce4 nor SI)

and seeing as your board and this board share the same SATA(nvidia and Silicon Image Sil3132) controller chips I would assume SATA wouldn't work on your choice either.

HEre's a tip, if you want to know what works and what doesn't check the HCL, check both the 10.4.6 and .7 one and look for a board similar to one you like....then goto google and type "Asus P5N32 site:forum.osx86project.com" or whatever board and it might give you some more info.

So I'll recap, Mac Nvidia drivers are not complete so it'd be silly to spend money on an Nvidia SLI setup for mac osx86(at this moment in time who knows in a month), Nforce boards SATA is {censored}...if even that. Learn to use hcl/google search. You may have better luck with a intel 975 board with ATI Crossfire cards(no gauruntee)....and......Have a good night.

thanks wonder god, but one more mobo, people said it work fine.

Also the only reason i want to get nivida is because for regular windows gaming. I mean i'm not gonna totally use max osx 24/7 and for gaming (who uses macs for gaming?), maybe a garageband or 2. but how bout this board?

ASUS P5W DH DELUXE -

North Bridge Intel 975X

South Bridge Intel ICH7R