Jump to content
InsanelyMac Forum
theconnactic

Lion 10.7.4 on ASUS T101 MT. Success? Almost!

Recommended Posts

Hello, people!

 

Finally i got bold enough to try to run lion in my tiny ASUS T101 MT netbook. Surprisingly, it was quite an easy task. Had to install VoodooHDA to get my realtek 239 audio working, and atheros kexts to have a working wi-fi and ethernet recognized as built-in. Trackpad worked out of the box.

 

However, not everything was such a piece of cake: first, the touchscreen - it works like a left click button, and i tried a lot of researching to make it fully working, to no avail. Second, the ethernet: besides being somehow recognized as built-in, so i can use the app store, it does not work in its original function of connecting to the web. Not really a big worry, because i always use wi-fi, but it shows that something's wrong. Third, the power management: when i try to put the computer to sleep, the screen sleeps, but the system continue running and spending energy. Since it's a laptop, that really sucks! Fourth, the built-in webcam. In fact, it worked out of the box too, and it's even recognized by programs like FaceTime. The problem here is that the image is upside down! I tried solutions like iGlasses to no success. Finally, iCloud: even with a valid apple ID, a 64-bit system and built-in ethernet, i'm blocked to setting an account.

 

So i'm asking your help: any solutions, so i can have a fully working touchscreen Mac-ASUS laptop?

 

Thanks in advance!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advertisement

Forgot one thing: wi-fi does work indeed, but sometimes several reboots are necessary to make it work properly, or else it could take an hour (or even more) to connect (that annoying self-assigned IP problem). I think there is some other atheros wi-fi kext pre-installed, and this next is somehow in conflict with the kext that i installed to make it work...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another finding: the hotkeys (Fn plus F-something) don't work. At least, don't work for my benefit: when i tried F1, got a kernel panic! I downloaded a package that supposedly fix it in Snow Leo, but i must confess: i'm i little afraid to install it and get more problems than solutions in a system that, otherwise, is running fairly well, except for the supra mentioned issues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

About the graphics card, intel GMA 3150: was recognized natively with resolution of 1024x600, but without QE\CI, and is listed in system report as not having any kext loaded. All of this was kindda expected - there is no support for this card. The curious thing is that i cannot watch youtube videos, because of the lack of graphics acceleration, unless the same video is embedded somewhere else (even when the source is youtube). In this case, i can watch the video without any problems, except sometimes some lagging, and i can watch it even in full screen. Odd.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Posts

    • I did try that just now but it seems like the card is still active as it still shows up in system report! I have managed to get the battery meter working but as i said it works only when i unplug/plug the ac adapter. I have to do this once then the meter functions properly.
    • My BIOS has an option of enabling/disabling CSM! I think enabling CSM made my boot menu go non native resolution too!
    • I have a gigabyte Aorus ultra. I don't think so, everything should be uefi. Anything I should look at in particular? 
    • All right now : I have taked delivery of my new TBEX3  this afternoon : plugged and all is fine at startup, screen plugged on USB_C   My Settings recap :   1/ Bios recommended parameters for Thunderbolt + Pci devices set as Legacy 2/ I added arbitrary lines on my config.plist ( Thanks @Matthew82.) <dict> <key>Comment</key> <string>THUNDERBOLT 1577</string> <key>CustomProperties</key> <array> <dict> <key>Disabled</key> <false/> <key>Key</key> <string>model</string> <key>Value</key> <string>Thunderbolt EX3</string> </dict> <dict> <key>Disabled</key> <false/> <key>Key</key> <string>AAPL,slot-name</string> <key>Value</key> <string>Slot-4</string> </dict> <dict> <key>Disabled</key> <false/> <key>Key</key> <string>name</string> <key>Value</key> <string>Thunderbolt 3 Controller</string> </dict> <dict> <key>Disabled</key> <false/> <key>Key</key> <string>device_type</string> <key>Value</key> <string>Thunderbolt 3</string> </dict> <dict> <key>Disabled</key> <false/> <key>Key</key> <string>IOName</string> <key>Value</key> <string>Thunderbolt</string> </dict> </array> <key>PciAddr</key> <string>03:00.00</string>   3/ my SSDT  SSDT-TB3U2.aml.zip
    • Try using this SSDT without changing the name, it's not necessary rename it, Clover knows that it is, and what is does in the system. Also use DropOEM  as true: <key>DropOem</key> <true/>  


×