Acronis OS Selector Problem

GBK.Xscape

3 posts in this topic

ok well i have installed mac osx86 and i booted into windows to activate acronis os selector and when i go to detect a new os it only finds osx86. im running in windows and the program cant even find it. on my desktop it works fine. does any one have a solution to this or has it been proviously discussed. ive looked all over the site and couldnt find anything on it. thanks in advance.

I assume that after you installed osx you booted into windows with the darwin bootloader. This means osx overwrote the mbr.

Create the acronis bootable media from acronis disk director (read the manual to know how to, chapter 9).

Reboot on that bootable disk and reactivate acronis os selector (section 9.2). Reboot, and maybe that will be better.

Or if you're fed up with it, go into disk director -- which is also on that bootable disc -- and make the windows partition bootable and use the chain0 method.

Or, why not, make the osx partition bootable and use the darwin bootloader. Read the manual for how to uninstall acronis os selector cleanly (its in section 1.5 of the manual).