Boot0: done

skylinepkr

5 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

So I have been trying to get mac and windows 7 dual boot on this asus laptop for months now. As of now I do have both properly installed (using iAtkos L2). A huge problem i am running in to though is with my boot.

When i start the laptop all i see is:

boot0: done

Thats it, nothing more nothing less. I have tried installing boot1h through terminal from the DVD, I have tried to run ###### and try to reinstall chameleon. I have even reinstalled lion trying both chimera and chameleon. All give me the same problem and I can't seem to get it past this point. :/

As a last resort, Ive come here again lol

What can i do at this point? Thanks for your help guys!

Hey guys,

So I have been trying to get mac and windows 7 dual boot on this asus laptop for months now. As of now I do have both properly installed (using iAtkos L2). A huge problem i am running in to though is with my boot.

When i start the laptop all i see is:

boot0: done

Thats it, nothing more nothing less. I have tried installing boot1h through terminal from the DVD, I have tried to run ###### and try to reinstall chameleon. I have even reinstalled lion trying both chimera and chameleon. All give me the same problem and I can't seem to get it past this point. :/

As a last resort, Ive come here again lol

What can i do at this point? Thanks for your help guys!

Try this:

After you convert it to MBR you will have to set the active partition otherwise it won't boot. First of all try to install Chimera, it should work as it does everything necessary for it to boot (install boot0, boot1h and set partition active). If it failed now we'll try this manually to make sure it's done right. First get chameleon's binaries, you may download Chimera and open the package with pacifist and extract them somewhere. Put fdisk440 in the same folder. Then try this in a terminal:

Code:

cd /folder where you extracted the binaries/

Look for your boot partition's identifier (diskXsY):

diskutil list

Get root access:

sudo su

Install boot0 to the MBR:

./fdisk440 -f boot0 -u -y /dev/rdiskX

Install boot1h to the bootsector of the boot partition:

dd if=boot1h of=/dev/rdiskXsY

Copy the file "boot" to the partition:

cp boot /

Set the partition active:

./fdisk440 -e /dev/rdiskX

f Y (from the partition identifier rdiskXsY)

w (write)

q (quit)

Try this:

After you convert it to MBR you will have to set the active partition otherwise it won't boot. First of all try to install Chimera, it should work as it does everything necessary for it to boot (install boot0, boot1h and set partition active). If it failed now we'll try this manually to make sure it's done right. First get chameleon's binaries, you may download Chimera and open the package with pacifist and extract them somewhere. Put fdisk440 in the same folder. Then try this in a terminal:

Code:

cd /folder where you extracted the binaries/

Look for your boot partition's identifier (diskXsY):

diskutil list

Get root access:

sudo su

Install boot0 to the MBR:

./fdisk440 -f boot0 -u -y /dev/rdiskX

Install boot1h to the bootsector of the boot partition:

dd if=boot1h of=/dev/rdiskXsY

Copy the file "boot" to the partition:

cp boot /

Set the partition active:

./fdisk440 -e /dev/rdiskX

f Y (from the partition identifier rdiskXsY)

w (write)

q (quit)

Okay I did as you said but I still get this:

Boot0: done

I have almost tried every method. Only one I have not dome and can not do right is the Linux live cd method..

What is exactly wrong here? I forgot to mention try specs:

Asus x53s

I7

750gb hard drive

6gb ddr3

I am willing to try anything as booting from a DVD is super annoying..