Hackintosh Lion recognizes only some USB peripherals

fac

3 posts in this topic

SPECS: ASUS P8P67le mobo, 2600k processor, AMD 6x graphics.

I have a fully functional Snow Leopard install that recognizes all USB peripherals.

I have installed Lion 10.7.4 in another partition. I have been able to get stable booting, networking and sound. However Lion on my Hackintosh will not recognize USB 2.0 peripherals that all automatically install to both my Hackintosh Snow Leopard (on the same computer, different partition) and my older MacMini (core duo 2,0) running Lion. Curiously the Hackintosh Lion recognizes a Canon scanner and some other USB connected peripherals (e.g. the mouse and keyboard on which I am typing). It makes no difference which USB ports on the Hackintosh are used (USB 3.0 ports are not recognized but I can live with that).

I have searched many sources, including this one, without seeing a similar problem. I would appreciate any insight otherwise Lion is kind of useless as printing is an absolute necessity.

To me that sounds like you have USB 1.1 but not USB 2.0.

Devices such as your mouse and keyboard should still work under USB 1.1 but devices such as printers, cameras, scanners etc may be USB 2.0 ONLY, as such they will not work is you only have USB 1.1 active.

• 4 months later...