NVidia Quadro FX 580 dual screen

Mathieu

1 post in this topic

I have a DELL Precision T1500 installed with Mac OS X 10.7.3.

The overall installation was smooth: I have wired network (thanks to BCM5722D.kext), wireless, and accelerated graphics (either with Graphics Enabler or NVEnabler). My challenge now is to enable two monitors.

My graphic card is a NVIDIA Quadro FX 580 (0x10de 0x0659, rev: 0x00a1). I have selected to use NVEnabler (and to disable GraphicsEnabler) to try to get dual screen working.

• /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist contains:

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>

• /System/Library/Extensions/NVDAResman.kext/Contents/Info.plist contains:

<key>IOPCIClassMatch</key>
<string>0x03000000&0xff000000</string>
<key>IOPCIMatch</key>
<string>0x065910de</string>

• /System/Library/Extensions/NVDANV50Hal.kext/Contents/Info.plist contains:

<key>IOPCIPrimaryMatch</key>
<string>
 0x065910de&0xfff0ffff

• /Extra/Extensions/NVEnabler.kext/Contents/Info.plist is attached to this post.

The screens addresses (0x00000110 and 0x00000112) come from Windows 7 properties on each screen.

One screen is connected using a standard DVI cable, that is the main monitor - this one works great (and is accelerated). The other screen is connected using NVIDIA proprietary cable to DVI and it is not detected.

Mac OS X display preferences show two screens, but the second screen is listed as a VGA display… as if it did not understand that this is a DVI connected LCD panel.

I am attaching my ioreg dump using ioreg -lw0. What did I miss? Is it at all possible to get both screens working with this card?

NVEnabler_ioreg_dump.txt.gz

org.chameleon.Boot.plist.gz

Info.plist.gz