Freeze at "Starting Mac Os X"

aeg

10 posts in this topic

Hello,

I installed Mac Os X 10.4.6 (Jas image), clicked customize, selected the intel package, and the sse3 package.

My system is a HP DV 8288 Laptop. (Core Duo cpu, Nvidia geforce go 7400, 1gb ram, 2 80gb HD's, Intel chipset)

Installation goes fine and pretty fast, but when I boot, the pc hangs at the screen which says "starting mac os x", I can still move the mouse.

I read, in some other threads, that I could start it with -v to see what the error is, the problem is that when I start it, I get the screen which says Darwin, and the rotating /|\- thingy, but I can't enter -v, I'm booting via my windows xp boot.ini file (chain0=Apple MacOs X thingy). Now I can press F8 or control or the down arrow, hold them, use them in combinations, but I can't find a way to enter the -v thingy, as to help me solve the not booting problem.

Can any of you tell me how to do that, or even help me solve the whole problem ?

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Aeg

:whistle:

Hello,

I installed Mac Os X 10.4.6 (Jas image), clicked customize, selected the intel package, and the sse3 package.

My system is a HP DV 8288 Laptop. (Core Duo cpu, Nvidia geforce go 7400, 1gb ram, 2 80gb HD's, Intel chipset)

Installation goes fine and pretty fast, but when I boot, the pc hangs at the screen which says "starting mac os x", I can still move the mouse.

I read, in some other threads, that I could start it with -v to see what the error is, the problem is that when I start it, I get the screen which says Darwin, and the rotating /|\- thingy, but I can't enter -v, I'm booting via my windows xp boot.ini file (chain0=Apple MacOs X thingy). Now I can press F8 or control or the down arrow, hold them, use them in combinations, but I can't find a way to enter the -v thingy, as to help me solve the not booting problem.

Can any of you tell me how to do that, or even help me solve the whole problem ?

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Aeg

:whistle:

Looks like corrupted DVD

When I select OSX in my boot menu, I get a black screen saying Darwin /|\-, and then I get the grey screen with the apple, then the spinning thingy in the bottom, and then I get the screen saying starting mac os x. Pressing F8 repeatedly during the whole stage doesn't work :D

How did I install:

- Make the id=af primary partition on my second HD (primary partition)

- Do the thing in the disk utility at the install

- Install, customized with the packages I need

- It booted back into windows automatically, so I did the chain0 thing.

Did I miss anything ?

When I booted from the install dvd with F8 on, it said

Crash reporter

Error: copyAirPortSCPrefsRef can't commit preferences: no such key

I'll try hitting F8 at the right time again :D

edit1:

it worked, copying the error msg's

a link/load error occured with applemlanaudio.kext

a link/load error occured with aaudioIPCDriver.kext

a link/load error occured with nvdaresman.kext

a link/load error occured with geforce.kext

VGA: family specific matching fail

can't find extension with id com.apple.audioIPCDriver

that's alot of bad things :D

The 1st, 2nd and 6th are all audio related.

The 3rd, 4th and 5th are graphics card related.

Are there any BIOS settings you can disable for these items that will help you get booted?

Also, try booting with a -x option (same place you entered -v). This is safe mode and will disable most extensions and might get you booted.