Couple of Questions

Pill

2 posts in this topic

Hey guys, so recently I've been interested in trying out OS X on my PC. Here's my specs:

Motherboard: Acer F690GVM

BIOS: Phoenix Technologies, LTD. R02-A3S1

CPU: AMD Phenom X4 9500

Memory: 3GB DDR2

Graphics: ATI Radeon HD 2400 Pro

Anyways, I've been trying to get run it through VirtualBox, and it's just not the level of performance that I'm wanting. If possible, I'd like to dual-boot it on my PC alongside Windows 7. The only problem is that I've read so much conflicting information that it's hard to figure out what's true and what isn't. I'm left with the following questions.

-Is it possible to cause any irreparable damage while installing OSx86 on my PC? I don't care if I'd need to re-install Windows or anything, but I'd be kind of leery if it was possible to brick my hardware.

-Is it even possible for me to run OSx86? If so, what's the best guide to follow for my hardware? I'm okay with Snow Leopard or later; I don't really care about updates or anything like that...I'd just like the ability to run Mac applications.

Thanks!

Edit: I'm guessing this guide would work well? http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=269841

Hey ;)

1. Its impossible to cause irrepparable (hardware) damage while installing (or trying to install) OSx86!!

2. This tutorial should work well for your Config.