Won't boot after Ethernet install.

daz1uk

3 posts in this topic

Hi,

Sorry another question.

I'm still trying to get Lion to play nice on my Shuttle xpc sp35p2, when I install the Kext for my on board Ethernet, Lion simply will not boot, however on my first attempt at installing Lion the first thing I did was install the Kext for Ethernet and it worked fine until I installed the Kext for my onboard sound. Frustrating.

It appears that installing both Ethernet and sound causes some sort of conflict?

Are you using something like Kext Helper or Kext Wizard to install the kexts? When it won't boot, try booting in verbose mode (-v) and see what message it gives about not wanting to boot. The kexts for sound and ethernet are completely different and in almost all circumstances, will not interfere with one another. Again, when it won't boot, try booting in verbose mode (-v) and see what it says. When developing a new system, every boot should be in verbose mode until you are sure you have worked out all the bugs. When you installed the kext for sound, you often have to remove the existing Apple kext, AppleHDA.kext or else it will kernel panic. But booting in verbose mode will give a clue to this. If you can't interpret what the verbose mode is saying, take a picture and post it.

Thanks for your response, it's been a while but I've been making do without my Ethernet.

It hangs just after kernel load, I can not get past it with -s or any other flag. No matter what Kext I use, I get the same issue. Yeah it has nothing to do with my audio. Just wondering if anyone else here has an sp35p2 that has managed to get Ethernet working in lion?

I've been using Kext utility to install kexts.