Welcome to InsanelyMac Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Allan

Forum Rules   04/13/2018

Hello folks! As some things are being fixed, we'll keep you updated. Per hour the Forum Rules don't have a dedicated "Tab", so here is the place that we have our Rules back. New Users Lounge > [READ] - InsanelyMac Forum Rules - The InsanelyMac Staff Team. 
Peter Schmidt

Can't detect any wifi adapters

5 posts in this topic

I'm currently running the latest updates of 10.6.8 on an AMD Opteron 180. I have a BCM4306 PCI wifi card that I have proven to work flawlessly in Linux.

Anyways, when I first installed mac, I didn't have a wifi card and did not intend to add one, so I uninstalled Airport. I'm now working on something (mac compatible, but multi-platform) that depends on a wifi adapter. So, I reinstalled Airport, I used the BCM43xx enabler, I installed the IO80211family.kext, and another network related kext, yet Airport and the Network utility still don't detect my wifi card. It is detectable by lspci | grep Network, and I also tried the "Simple Broadcom Wireless Tutorial" which didn't help (and BTW, is outdated and uses incorrect commands. I knew what it meant when it was wrong).

Is there something I'm missing? Any suggestions?

So I realized that I'm missing this configd thing for airport, but I'm not sure how to get it or if it has anything to do with my wifi not working. Any suggestions?

post-317240-0-81067900-1338006562_thumb.png

Edit device id of the your card here: /System/Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AirPortBrcm4331.kext/Contents/Info.plist

<string>AirPort_Brcm4331</string>

<key>IOMatchCategory</key>

<string>IODefaultMatchCategory</string>

<key>IONameMatch</key>

<array>

<string>pci14e4,4331</string> change this

<string>pci14e4,4353</string>

<string>pci14e4,432b</string>

When you say "change this", change it to what? It was already set to that. I was, however, missing the next couple lines. I added them and rebooted and got a notification there was a network change but nothing happened. Are you sure that null configd thing doesn't have anything to do with this?