InsanelyMac Forum
Jevi Cordon

Hackintosh can't completely Shutdown

I've successfully made my hackintosh 10.5.5 fully working for a week until yesterday.

whenever i shutdown my pc it doesnt do a complete shut down. The computer fan, lights etc. is still working and i need to hold the power button on the cpu to turn it off completely.

so far i tried installing Evoreboot.kext (not working) and also tried Openhaltrestart.kext (not working)

Advertisement

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Tried with HPET enabled and disabled so I don't think it's that. I'd tried with bus ratio before to no effect but wouldn't hurt to try again. The clock runs at the correct speed.
    • could be an HPET / TSC Sync issue. does your system clock slow down or run faster then it should. also check cpu and buss ratios.
    • @MacPeet El capitan. It has t7700 cpu, so HS is not option for now. Have to find t9500 cpu. I bought this laptop for 30euros 3 weeks ago, with everything working, battery like new, it looks like from store, 4gb ram, 1920x1200 17" screen, replaced wifi and put SSD. Also sleep and hibernation working, native brightness, volume touch buttons work. Windows was not option because of broken  touchpad drivers, and linux because of slow graphics. Here everything works like it should.   AD1981 is also on thinkpad T60. I searched everywhere, but no solution. Here is some half working legacy driver, don't know how binary was patched(if it was): https://forum.thinkpads.com/viewtopic.php?t=85344&start=28#p564260
    • the slowness is most likely IM's host provider. we used to use ONE.com but they sucked and it was super slow so we switched and things definitely got better on the slowness front
    • Remove the THB_C cable and try this: SSDT-TB3 Z270.aml Remember though, the method without THB_C works only if a device is connected and turned on before boot, otherwise the PCI-TB card is not loaded by the system (and you do not see it on ioreg). In my case it works because my TB Dock is always on. To succeed try these steps:
      1- enable Fix Shutdown in Clover
      2- turn off the computer
      3- Connect the TB device and switch it on
      4- wait few seconds and turn on the computer Obviously if you do not have a dock like me you have two choices:
      - Use the SSDT V1 or V2 and deactivate the sleep if you are having problems
      - Wait for new developments     @Loloflat6 Apart this bad luck, you're still lucky, the TBEX is the only TB card (at least until now) that is recognized naturally by the system even without a THB_C cable o device connected at boot