10.6.3 installation failed (panic errors)

7 posts in this topic

Hey, just got my retail Snow Leopard 10.6.3 DVD today and of course I wanted to install it instantly! I followed this guide: http://tonymacx86.bl...ac-os-x-on.html and downloaded ###### and did everything accordingly.

The problem that occured though was that the first time I started the Mac OSx DVD I got the "You need to restart your computer" message. The next time I tried to use the flag PCIRootUID=1 and that also failed aswell as the "PCIRootUID=1 -x". I read in a thread that I should try the Legacy ###### and I did, without success. I took two pictures of the errors I got with the Legacy ###### (got similar with the newest version).

This is with the PCIRootUID=1 -x

(I'm sorry for the {censored} quality I must have moved the camera or something)

9ydho.jpg

This is with only PCIRootUID=1 (I think, not quite sure)

VEGe7.jpg

My system specs are these:

CPU: Intel i7 2600k 3,4GHz

GRAPHICS: ATI RADEON 4850 1024MB

RAM: CORSAIR VENGEANCE 2x4GB 1886MHz

MOTHERBOARD: ASRock FATAL1TY Z68 GEN3 PROFESSIONAL

SSD(WIN7 SYSTEM): CORSAIR SSD FORCE3 120GB

HD(MENT FOR OSX): Seagate Momentus 5400.6 ST9500325AS 500GB

HD(USED IN WINDOWS 7):Probably a Seagate ST2000DL001 (9VT156) 2TB 5900 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive

Help is greatly appreciated!

Regards Rasmus

The bottom picture says it is having a problem with VoodooHDA.kext which is the sound kext. Try again, but don't select sound or don't select VoodooHDA.

Thanks for the reply, I do not have any selections to either choose or not choose anything, is there a certain flag I should use to disable sound and VoodooHDA?

Regards

(

I tried the Nawcom's ModCD, although I didn't disable any sound or anything, I just simply entered the snow leopard Cd and pressed f5 and then chose the snow leopard install cd and pressed enter. Is there anything I'm missing?

Here's a photo of the message:

nf667.jpg