newb (Returning Newb) Question!

scorpnet

8 posts in this topic

Ok so I know this is a newb question so bare with me please :D

I have been out of the game for a few years for sure, I remember the last build I used was one from 10.5, I can see lots have changed.

Well I just built a new rig, and was thinking of putting a build on a partition, however I cannot find any information on any build(s) I remember there used to be a topic that listed all the current build(s) and thier respected chipset type.. However I cannot find this information. I remember a few were

iAKTOS

iDeneb

etc

etc

I cant find any of the new ones out there, not even via my "source' to aquire.. So has something changed to aquire a build since I was last here or am I just stupid and am looking for the wrong thing ??

For those that are curious to the specs of the new rig there they are!

AMD FX 8120 3.1ghz 8 Core

Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 AM3 system-board

AMD RD9x0 Chipset

AMD SB910/950 southbridge

AMD ATI Radeon HD 6850 video card

8gb DDR3

Any help would be appreated, Thanks!

These days we don't use distros...what's recommended is a retail installation. Buy a retail 10.6 disc. I have a 10.6 guide in my signature. :)

Once you have Snow running, with your CPU it is possible to run Lion via an experimental kernel. :)

These days we don't use distros...what's recommended is a retail installation. Buy a retail 10.6 disc. I have a 10.6 guide in my signature. :)

Once you have Snow running, with your CPU it is possible to run Lion via an experimental kernel. :)

^ this...

Even though there are/were distros to use for Snow Leopard, the ability to use retail discs is a big step forward...

scorpnet if you run into some snags on the installation, let me know...I am on an AMD quad core and just trying to iron out a few things before getting everything right on my system...

• Like 1

Will do, Trying to get a retail Copy then I shall go from there Might make it out to the apple store today not sure yet lol

Is there a way to access the Apple App store on a windows platform ? Would rather buy it Digataly than go the the apple store lol!! Discs die quickly with me :(

Only Lion comes from the App Store, not Snow. The only way you can get it on Windows is if you get OS X to work in VirtualBox/VMWare on Windows. :)

• 1 month later...