OSX 10.7.3 reboots

Panagiotis Vrs

9 posts in this topic

My hackintos worked just fine for 4 months until 2 days ago. I tried to do a migration with my macbook pro with migration assistant but the procedure have been interrupted when my main pc suddenly restart due to power failure. After that the pc constantly restarts. I've tried many boot flags such as -x, -f, -v, cpus=, busratio= etc. I've manage to get it worked by either set my cpus=1-2 or set my busratio=9 (my cpu's ratio Q6600 cpu). My problem is that even if that i've changed the busratio to chameleon.boot.plist my pc can't boot and gets to a infinite loop unless if i boot it with cd in the rom press F8 and then select my hdd.

My specs

cpu= Q6600

Motherboard= ASRock G41M-GS3

graphics = GeForce 9500 GT 1024 MB

1 hdd WDC 500GB

No my problem is that i can boot from the CD menu. Let me explain it further. If i boot my pc then when it comes to load the mac before the white screen, it reboots. If i boot and then select the hackintos cd when it comes to select if you wanna load cd or hdd select the hdd i can boot successfully into the system. It's like it can read my boot.plist

P.S: my boot.plist is configured to set the busratio=9 on the boot

Since you can boot from the cd then you must have corrupted the chameleon boot loader on the hdd. the fact that the boot is successful using the temporary chameleon boot loader from the cd just means that the osx installed on the hdd still works. Something has to tell the computer what to do once it is turned on and a corrupt boot loader won't tell it much. Loading a boot loader from a disk or thumb drive does not fix the broken boot loader on the hdd.

• Like 1