A64 3200+

1 gb Corsair XMS PC3500

Sapphire [ATI] X1600XT

HDD:

60gb - IDE - Windows [31gb] - OSX - [25gb]

80gb - SATA - Media [45gb] - * [30gb]

---

Partition Info:

* partition was for my SATA drive and setup couldnt find it. So I went with another partition and I installed to my 'OSX' partition on my IDE hd. After the install and it told me that it needs to restart I let it, and it hung there , and I let it go for about 15-20 minutes. After that I restarted manually.

----

My problem:

Ive followed THIS guide and when I get to step 12 my problem starts. It says something along the lines of that there is no operating system found on this partition hit finish to continue. I dont know if this is from my little malfunction stated above. (??)

----

I really would like to have a crack at OSX before I go out and drop $1000+ on a computer and not like the OS. Thanks for any information.

Did you make your OSX part active? Seems you mightve left out that step....

Yes, the partition was already active. The problem was, it wasn't primary. After I made it primary, it would boot, but I would get a Kernel Panic. I've been reading peoples problems with Kernel Panic's and I belive its caused becuase I dont have a SSE3 compatiable cpu, but durring installation I selected all the patches, Intel and AMD. I'll try re-installing OSX with only a couple patches and see how it goes.

• 8 months later...

Sorry to dig up this old thread, but you and I have the same system. How is your dual boot SN21G5 doing right now? Any problems? Also, when you boot into OSX, is iTunes able to read your Windows partitions that contain all your media files? Thanks.