Successful hackintosh build on my Intel Gaming Rig

2 posts in this topic

I have successfully built my 'mackintosh' on my gaming rig after many sleepless nights and multiple re - installations.

But now my MacPro works like a charm. Everything is functional except 'wifi'. Although I was enable to install and activate 'wifi' it caused Kernel Panics and had to be disabled.

My build is:

Mobo: ASUS P6X58D-E

CPU: i7 990X 3.46Ghz (not overclocked)

GPU: EVGA GTX 560Ti (1024MB)

Corsair 12GB 1333 MHz DDR3 RAM

Corsair 850W PSU

NZXT Phantom Fulltower cabinet

ASUS VG236H 120Hz 3D Monitor

Logitech wireless keyboard and mouse

I installed Snowleopard initially and then downloaded Apple OS Lion from Apple Store.

I used 'Lionize' method to lionize the installation to a USB disk.

Installation then was a breeze.

I had followed other thread on enabling my atheros ar92xx based wifi (TP LINK PCI wifi card) but despite enabling this, due to kernel panic had to disable to IO80211.kext to stop kernel panics.

I now have a bootable Lionize disk and I back up my installation to a HDD using Timemachine.

Will post pics soon...

Sweet! But Tbh, time machine isn't the most reliable way to save your system in the event of system failure. Its better, in my opinion, to use the installer to restore your stable os to your backup drive so you gave an exact system image you can just restore back to your main hard drive in the event of a system failure.