How can i put my laptop to sleep ?

OlivierSeres

8 posts in this topic

Hi, i've successuffly installed osX 10.4.6 (i'll see for 10.4.7 later).

Questions:

Screensavers don't works (the application System Preferences crashes). How can i fix it ?

When i close the lip of my laptop, the PC is still running, is there a way to set up a "sleep mode" ?

Thanks

Laptop Thinkpad T41

The real issue isn't so much getting it tp sleep, it's getting it to wake up again.

I'm not certain that anyone has had sleep work as it should on thier laptop. I have seen that a few reported it working correctly on thier desktop, however. I doubt that helps, though. I have to actually run some third party software to prevent sleep when I close the lid on my laptop, since it fails to wake up.

Thanks

Personnaly, I don't see a lot interest in installing MacOsX on a laptop without sleeping mode.

Without sleeping mode, you have to shut down your PC each time you move ... not cool @ all !

On Linux Mandriva i have installed a softwer call "ocorino" (or somthing like that). Don't you thing smthing simialr could exist for osx86 ?

• 1 month later...

> As for the screen savers they won't work properly unless you have QE and CI enabled...

Are you sure about that? Depending on your definition of "properly" you can be right, but the crashing problem is related to OpenGL. Get OpenGL to work and it won't crash, regardless of CI/QE working.

zbob