InsanelyMac Forum
Sign in to follow this  
blalonde

Waiting for DSMOS

So I'm trying to install 10.8 onto my computer. I booted into Snow Leopard and made a bootable flash drive using myHack. I've gotten past a bunch of kernel panics etc. but I'm now stuck on Waiting for DSMOS... I've tried deleting Don't Steal Mac OS.kext, but it did the same thing. I have fakesmc.kext, and it does load; at the beginning it says 'netkas presents fakesmc etc.'. I'm stuck and really don't know what to do. I have Snow Leopard 10.6.7 installed, so I know it can happen. My system is a Dell Inspiron 1545, 4gb RAM, Intel GMA4500 chipset. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-brandon

Advertisement

Now I'm stuck at DSMOS Arrived, and then nothing happens. I don't know where to go from here.

Sitting at DSMOS Arrived means that you have graphics problems. Try temporarily removing all kexts named AppleIntelHD* and AppleIntelSNB* and you should get to the Desktop. After that you can work on your graphics problem.

I removed them and it didn't work, still stuck at DSMOS Arrived. Should I put my graphics kexts for my computer onto the flash drive?

I wouldn't worry about the graphics kexts until you can successfully get to the Desktop. Running without the graphics kexts will still give you primitive graphics, just no resolution control or acceleration. You can fix that later when there is something to fix.

On your flash drive, look at the file /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist. If it has GraphicsEnabler set to "yes", make it "no". If there is a kernel flag of "arch=i386", remove it. If it has a UseKernelCache set to "yes", set it to "no".

Then boot using a boot flag of -x in addition to any other boot flags you normally use like -v.

Um, I didn't find the Chameleon file in my extra folder. Is there supposed to be one there?

What version of chameleon did you use on your flash drive? You need to use a very recent version that has Mountain Lion support or use the newest version of Chimera.

There is a version supporting Mountain Lion (ML) on this page: http://www.insanelym...howtopic=231075

Update: if you used the latest version of myHack (2.2) then it has the Chameleon that supports ML.

It doesn't work, darn :wallbash: I don't think there's one person that's succesfully installed Mountain Lion onto their 1545. I'm so close, but yet I wonder if it's even possible.