Please answer! Really need to know!

ballerh

3 posts in this topic

i wanna ask in general, say if i had a laptop motherboard that can work but not right away, what would i do, this one blog, a guy said you would have to create your own dsdt. Is that true, and if so how????

What?

You don't "create" your DSDT, it's already there. It's a code table that's part of the BIOS and there are tools for Windows, Linux and OS X that let you extract and decompile it so that you can make modifications.

Basically you extract, decompile, edit, compile (fix compiling errors, compile again - repeat!) stick the compiled DSDT.aml in /Extra, and the Chameleon boot loader then automatically loads it, overriding the original DSDT table.

You have to understand that DSDT patching is not a universal miracle cure for everything that's wrong in the world - you patch it to fix specific issues. In other words, before doing anything, you should first know what the problem is. Maybe it's not something that can be fixed by patching DSDT.

By the sound of it, you have no idea and are desperately grasping at straws.

Calm down, read a little bit about what it is that you're doing, what DSDT is etc, get your hands dirty, then come back and ask a coherent question.