Help Cannot get iatkos l2 to see ethernet on ASUS P5KPL-AM/PS Realtek RTL8111C Gigabit LAN

kyleg40

13 posts in this topic

Install into orig /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/, repair permissions and rebuild kernel cache

I should have mentioned that:(

Upon further review, it's for rtl8110, but might be able to make it work, whats your device ID?

OK, here is official 10.7 driver from Realtek.. Pain in the ass to get cause Safari will not connect to thier FTP server, had to download Chrome just to get it, so hope it works.

OK, I extracted it with pacafist and took a look, its the same exact one I uploaded b4, but inside a pkg installer. So device id?

Lnx2Mac's driver does list rtl8111c support, maybe make sure u got the latest? http://lnx2mac.blogspot.com/2010/09/lnx2macs-realtek-rtl81xx-driver-goes.html . Between that and what I posted, if it dosn't work, maybe start looking into other poss causes cause that should cover it. EthernetBuiltIn=Yes in boot.plist, add device string if needed, etc.

RTGNICv2.0.6For10.7.zip

all depends, only a handfull that work otb l.e. bcm4311. have you tried using a usb adapter? maybe issue is with the pci bus

New Dlink card you got has RTL8139 chipset, there are a few different possible solutions outlined here http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=261333

check bios to disable/enable onboard nic

use kextwizard, it will default to install in E/E, tick box to install to S/L/E instead and tick the "backup replaced kexts" box. then use it to repair permissions and rebuild kext cache. can't go wrong. Keep in mind tho that with lan/wifi, alot are plugins that go inside the existing extension. lnx2man and realtek's have package installers that do it all for you. Or usb wifi/ethernet. the apple usb to ethernet dongle they released when macbook air's first came out work great. I've also had crappy power supplies like the ones that come with some cases cause all kinds of weird problems with on-board lan and pci slots not working

That kext worked for one of the cards I had..I have internet now..Woohoo..Although the ethernet on the mobo isn't working now in windows either but I don't care..I got the card working..Thanks for all the help with kext wizard and kexts bro...