smbios

5 posts in this topic

I have already installed MLdp1 and now I want to try dp2.

I am using the same method of creating the usb installer as I did for dp1.

I cant remember which smbios I used when I installed dp1 (the first one I tried worked)

I'm getting to the point when in -v all the writing stops (with no errors) and then my monitor displays no signal and goes into standby. Doing a restart resets my bios.

I have been re-running the Chameleon installer and choosing a different smbios each time but should I be somehow uninstalling the old one each time or does the installer do that?

Is my problem something else? I have no errors to report from -v

Mike

From what you havew described your present problem is with video. What worked with DP1 should work with DP2 (it did for me), but it does depend on your video card, which version of Chameleon you are using and what flags are set in the boot.plist. Normally one would need a supported video card (ATI5770 works for me), GraphicsEnabler=Yes in the boot.plist and the ML Chameleon (1820 for me) version. Normally the SMBIOS only comes into play for Lion and MLion to 'set' the correct verson of cpu and serial number to get past "can't install on this Mac"

well I've tried my smbios from Lion but it still wont work, I also tried GraphicsEnabler=Yes with no joy.

I looked for the Extra folder in my working MLdp1 partition but there isn't one? even with hidden files enabled.

I dont know what to try next :(

Mike

Manually create Extra folder, after that put smbios 3,1 org.chameleon.boot.plist, and DSDT inside, and everything should be fine!

The missing Extra folder is (isn't) on my ML partition not my usb installer, however adding my

DSDT to the Extra folder on my usb installer stick has cured the problem.

I have now booted to the first selection box but haven't got time to do the install now.

MikeThanks.