Mac OS X TIger for Intel Core Duo iMacs

MacBookOSX

8 posts in this topic

Hey,

I recently bought Mac OS X Tiger 10.4 for Intel Core Duo iMacs . I bought it for my MacBook. Will it install on my macbook. i need the question answer asap before i recive the OS in mail, thanks

Mac OS X Tiger 10.4 for Intel Core Duo iMacs?

Since when is there a different OS for different hardware?

What is this? Where did you buy this from?

Since when is there a different OS for different hardware?

It is a restore disk that came with an iMac. Every time Apple produces new hardware, they have to update the OS. Recent MacBooks come with 10.4.7.2 even though Apple has only publicly released 10.4.7. The MacPros probably come with 10.4.7.3. That is the minimum OS version which those devices can use.

So, my memory is a little faulty, but I think MacBooks with Core Duo came out before the iMac Core Duo. In that case, the disk should work.

Yeah, i definatly think it should work. I asked the guy i bought it from and he said, umm...no it doesnt not work for MacBook. But im almost 100% sure it will work.

Why wouldnt it work i mean its Mac OSX Tiger 10.4.7 for Intel Core Duo Product iMacs. Original Title : Mac OS X Tiger 10.4 for Intel Core Duo iMacs so it works?

Why wouldnt it work i mean its Mac OSX Tiger 10.4.7 for Intel Core Duo Product iMacs.

If it was published before the MacBook was produced, then it doesn't have the necessary updates to work with the specific MacBook hardware. As I explained, the OS has to be tweaked for each hardware configuration.

But I believe the Core Duo iMac came out after the MacBook.

Guest bikedude880
This might sound like a stupid question, but if you have a MacBook, don't you also posess a MacBook OS X Install/Restore CD?
It is a restore disk that came with an iMac. Every time Apple produces new hardware, they have to update the OS. Recent MacBooks come with 10.4.7.2 even though Apple has only publicly released 10.4.7. The MacPros probably come with 10.4.7.3. That is the minimum OS version which those devices can use.

'Nuff said.