Welcome to InsanelyMac Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  

Flashing Radeon HD6770 to HD5770

6 posts in this topic

Hey guys, The last time I flashed my video card from Radeon HD6770 to HD5770, It worked great on Snow Leopard. But not so much the same on Windows 7, It goes to a terrible resolution and disables aero. My assumption, is that Windows 7 stopped recognizing the video card. Does anyone know how to get it working for both Operating systems? My theory is if I do this:

Then it will work for both?

to 6770 or 5770 ?

if to 5770, yes, you can !

my flashed 6770 into 5770 work fine on 10.6.8/10.7.3/10.8 without any patched kext.

Okay, I kept everything the same except for the Video ID, which I changed to HD5570, and when I reset my machine I got an error message do I need to install the drivers and that's it?