New Hackintosh Please

AMD965BEHACKINTOSH

4 posts in this topic

My computer is acting up, had to reset the motherboard to get it to turn on. Which, uh oh, erased all my settings and now it won't boot the osx drive anymore. bummer.

Oh well, just an excuse to build another computer ^_^

Yes! So here is what happened with my first build, uh... I built the computer before I new about this stuff. I got it to work with my hardware (switching to a new gpu) and after hours and countless hours of work, i was running mac on my pc. I DON'T WANT TO REPEAT THAT SAME MISTAKE!

I want to build a computer that works 99.9% flawlessly running osx. I don't want to do special tweaks and always have problems. I want to be able to update and use all the programs etc. etc. just like using a real mac. Is there such a thing? Are there 'known builds' that will give me the luxury?

If so, I'd like a lot of options. A super cheap one. And one that I can use a ssd and go really fast.

NOT A GAMER. NOT A VIDEO EDITOR. I'M AN EE. I USE SIMPLE PROGRAMS LIKE MULTISIM AND SOME PHOTOSHOP ETC. I DON'T NEED ANYTHING CRAZY FOR VIDEOGAMES. I JUST WANT TO BE ABLE TO BOOT MY MAC, GET ON THE INTERNET IN A FLASH, AND CRUISE AROUND MY COMPUTER LIKE NOBODIES BUSINESS. ALL RELATIVE OF COURSE.

Thanks!

If you want a machine you never have to fiddle with, buy a real mac.

If you want a machine you can update without a concern, buy a real mac.

The spec in my sig, works pretty much flawlessly, though I always run CCC before an update and so far I've had no issues with Lion, I only hope Mountain Lion will be as easy.

If you're interested in using the same motherboard, there is a huge thread in the DSDT section in which d00d has instructions on how to get everything working.

To give you an idea of cost, I recently replaced my motherboard for ~£70.

To give you an idea of performance, I get a geek bench of ~13000 @ 4GHz, I run at 3.8GHz 24/7 and have no problems (geek bench of ~12000).