iMac Possible Upgrades

Jak08

8 posts in this topic

This question is pertaining to the older new 20" iMac, anyway, what are the possible upgrades that can be performed on this and what if any restrictions are there on the upgraded parts?

So I am rather new to mac modding, as in I have never done it before, so I don't even know how to open the case :) if you could point me to a guide i would be very apreciative as I have looked but haven't had any luck myself.

sorry for the double post, but I am lost on the procesor you are refering to, I only see 775 pin core 2 duo.

It is a laptop core 2 duo socket 479 667Mhz system bus. If you have little knowledge of computer hardware I would not attempt to do any mods to you DUO. It is very time consuming and difficult to get to the things you need to update. It just like working on a laptop with all the bits and pieces that have to be removed to get the system board out. I installed a 500 gig drive in my 20 inch duo and it took 30 min. But I have lots of knowledge. 

yeah the extent of my modding experiance lies with PCs, I have never even cracked open a laptop, but I do have a fair amount of knowledge with PCs if that is any consolence.