Welcome to InsanelyMac Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  

SpeedStep only has 2 steps, bottom and top

4 posts in this topic

I applied the SpeedStep patch for 10.7.3 and it works fine. However with MSRDumper I can see there are only 2 steps are used:

Feb 15 00:17:57 Zhangs-MacPro kernel[0]: MSRDumper CoreMulti(43)
Feb 15 00:17:57 Zhangs-MacPro kernel[0]: MSRDumper PStatesReached: 16 43
Feb 15 00:17:57 Zhangs-MacPro kernel[0]: MSRDumper CoreMulti(16)
Feb 15 00:17:57 Zhangs-MacPro kernel[0]: MSRDumper PStatesReached: 16 43

Also in the boot process I can see:

ACPI CPUs not found: C-States not generated !!!
ACPI CPUs not found: P-States not generated !!!

I know this is not a problem about SpeedStep patch. From what I've read I guess I need to put some SSDT.aml file or DSDT.aml file under /Extra. However I don't know how to get them...

Thanks for helping!

This is posted in the wrong sub-forum, but I have the same problem. However, when I am in Windows, CPU-Z seems to jump between x19 and x43 as well (although other tools besides CPU-Z sometimes read inbetween). I do not use the speedstep patch, but chameleon outputs that it created p-states (and the SSDT I can extract while booted into OS X shows multiple p-sates), but the debugger will only show the minimum and maximum sates being used, even after an hour or so of running.

I get the same, but it doesn't really bother me. I'm just glad to be able to use the max speed on my CPU.

I get 16 and 45 in Lion and Mt. Lion.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By holyfield
      How about native speedstep on Sierra?
      Sierra does not support older firmware id's
      The Macs that will run macOS Sierra
      iMac – all models from late 2009, iMac 10,1 – 17,1 MacBook – all models from late 2009, MacBook  6,1 – 9,1 MacBook Pro – all models from 2010, MacBook Pro   7,1 – 11,5 MacBookAir – all models from 2010, MacBook Air  3,1 – 7,2 Mac Mini – all models from 2010, Mac Mini  4,1 – 7,1 Mac Pro – all models from 2010, Mac Pro  5,1 – 6,1   macOS Sierra won’t run on iMac 4,1 – 9,1 MacBook  1,1 – 5,1 MacBook Pro 1,1 – 5,2 MacBookAir 1,1 – 2,1 Mac Mini 1,1 – 3,1 Mac Pro  1,1 – 4,1 Xserve  1,1 – 3,1 Any ideas?
    • By lihaoyun6
      How to check your CPU's SpeedStep more simple and more accurate? Use MSRDumper.kext? isata menus?
      Maybe you have other ways, but I like to do it myself. So I created this application—"CPU-S".
      It is very simple to use—Just open the application, click the button, then you get the information you want.
      I can't wait to share it with you.  And here are some screenshots:
      click "SpeedStep Test" to check your CPU's speedstep

one of hint messages

SpeedStep state

one of hint messages

build and copy ssdt.aml to your desktop

Some drivers need to make the app running.
      If your system does not have these drivers, the application will install them.​
      link: https://github.com/lihaoyun6/CPU-S/blob/master/en/CPU-Sv3.7en.dmg
      ​ PS: 
      1.I'm Chinese, so there may be a time difference between me and you. And I may not be able to answer your question in a timely manner. 
       2.I'm not good at English......
      Intel ARK site for CPU info Pike R Alpha's SSDT generator and AICPUPMInfo kext. Kozlek/Rehabman/Slice HWMonitor
    • By Oscar Sanchez
      I've been trying to get Speedstep working on my Intel Core i7 870 (Lynnfield) with no success. I've modified my DSDT with some patches and now I've got different multipliers in every core (x9, x22, x23, x24, x26, I think), but I also want to get working the other multipliers (x11, x17... etc) like in Windows.   I've OS X 10.11.6 and Clover 3676. I use the last version of FakeSMC with its plugins. I've attached my DSDT, IOReg copy and my Clover config.plist.    Thank you, Oscar copia.zip
    • By Marta Reis
      Hi, After a successful installation of 10.10.5 on my x99 system there are still things to fix on post.
      I would appreciate every one's help and contribution to solve these problems. 
      Needing to be fixed:
      Backlight/Brightness control Sleep/Wake (It doesn't sleep properly and doesn't wake up through mouse touch or keyboard) ThunderboltEX II isn't recognized being the great mystery of this build (devices are always plugged before booting, Bios Security ID is set to Legacy, the card is installed on Pcie x4_1 and recognized in Windows) AppleThunderboltNHI.kext was removed for faster booting Speedstep not accomplished        Nvidia Driver - I can't select it at system preferences. OSX default driver assumes control. One of my software's displays the message "NO CUDA ACCELERATION HARDWARE DETECTED".
      IoReg mac.zip
    • By BSpot
      Does anyone have fully working speedstep with this setup?
      My performance results (Intel Power Gadget) are very unstable.
      Performance drops by time. First round with Cinebench or Geekbench sometimes "flatlines" (full turbo) but performance and frequency
      drops on 2nd and 3th round etc.
      I think I have read all posts and tried every combination of settings but I cannot get this work. Any help, please?