Asus K53E - Blue Screen for 30 minutes

iRanbirHD

68 posts in this topic

Three cheers for the Voodoo dev team for VoodooHDA, VoodooBattery, VoodooPS/2, Chameleon and whatever else they created! :D

Even if you use WiFi to connect to the internet, the App Store (for some ambiguous reason) checks for built-in Ethernet. You can check to see if you have Ethernet enabled in the Network pane of System Preferences.

Yes it is connected. Even though I check in the Chameleon Boot plist thingy, EtherBuiltIn in there and it says YES.

Also its connected.

7206c28995d3fdacaa0fb9896d26b7d2.png

Can you put your com.apple.boot.plist (or org.chameleon.boot.plist) here?

If you look in your network pane it is only detecting your USB WiFi, not your Ethernet. You do have Ethernet in your machine, correct? If not, there may be something we can do...

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>Boot Graphics</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Default Partition</key>
<string>hd(0,4)</string>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string></string>
<key>Quiet Boot</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>5</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>npci</key>
<string>0x2000</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Not sure, if I have ethernet in my laptop. I forgot.

Boot your machine with an Ubuntu CD, click Try Ubuntu once it boots, open the Terminal (the interface is pretty easy to use; I think you can figure it out), and type:

lspci -nn

and paste the output here.

Boot your machine with an Ubuntu CD, click Try Ubuntu once it boots, open the Terminal (the interface is pretty easy to use; I think you can figure it out), and type:

lspci -nn

oh okay, I got to download uBuntu than. Give me like 1 -2 hours depending on my connection.

lspci -nn

DONE!

00:00.0 Host bridge [0600]: Intel Corporation 2nd Generation Core Processor Family DRAM Controller [8086:0104] (rev 09)
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: Intel Corporation 2nd Generation Core Processor Family Integrated Graphics Controller [8086:0116] (rev 09)
00:16.0 Communication controller [0780]: Intel Corporation 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset Family MEI Controller #1 [8086:1c3a] (rev 04)
00:1a.0 USB Controller [0c03]: Intel Corporation 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset Family USB Enhanced Host Controller #2 [8086:1c2d] (rev 05)
00:1b.0 Audio device [0403]: Intel Corporation 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset Family High Definition Audio Controller [8086:1c20] (rev 05)
00:1c.0 PCI bridge [0604]: Intel Corporation 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset Family PCI Express Root Port 1 [8086:1c10] (rev b5)
00:1c.1 PCI bridge [0604]: Intel Corporation 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset Family PCI Express Root Port 2 [8086:1c12] (rev b5)
00:1c.5 PCI bridge [0604]: Intel Corporation 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset Family PCI Express Root Port 6 [8086:1c1a] (rev b5)
00:1d.0 USB Controller [0c03]: Intel Corporation 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset Family USB Enhanced Host Controller #1 [8086:1c26] (rev 05)
00:1f.0 ISA bridge [0601]: Intel Corporation HM65 Express Chipset Family LPC Controller [8086:1c49] (rev 05)
00:1f.2 SATA controller [0106]: Intel Corporation 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset Family 6 port SATA AHCI Controller [8086:1c03] (rev 05)
00:1f.3 SMBus [0c05]: Intel Corporation 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset Family SMBus Controller [8086:1c22] (rev 05)
02:00.0 Network controller [0280]: Atheros Communications Inc. AR9285 Wireless Network Adapter (PCI-Express) [168c:002b] (rev 01)
03:00.0 Ethernet controller [0200]: Atheros Communications AR8151 v2.0 Gigabit Ethernet [1969:1083] (rev c0)

So I can download driver for Atheros Communications Wireless Network Adapter?!

Yes you can. :) It is a rather simple fix. Do you have a DSDT?

I'll get something for your ethernet.

No, I do not have DSDT, I can't find Asus K53E DSDT file. I have the editor/Patcher of DSDT, I have no clue how to use it.

And thank you.

AsusK53E.zip That have 5 errors. Don't know what that means. All I did was Open the program, click Extract DSDT, then Save.

That isn't a readable DSDT file, download these two utilities (here and here) and place them on your desktop. Once they are on your desktop, type the following in Terminal:

sudo -s

Here you will enter your password; you will not be able to see it as you type it. After you type your password, go on to type:

cd ~/Desktop

./GetDSDT

./iasl -d dsdt.dat

Once that's done, go to your Desktop, right-click dsdt.dsl, and choose Compress... and upload it here.

That isn't a readable DSDT file, download these two utilities (here and here) and place them on your desktop. Once they are on your desktop, type the following in Terminal:

sudo -s

Here you will enter your password; you will not be able to see it as you type it. After you type your password, go on to type:

cd ~/Desktop

./GetDSDT

./iasl -d dsdt.dat

Once that's done, go to your Desktop, right-click dsdt.dsl, and choose Compress... and upload it here.

Okay I got to Terminal, i put Sudo -s then put my password, then I type in cd blah then I type in ./GetDSDT, its said "Permissions Denied." So I can't do it :\

I hate it when that happens...

Reboot your machine and type sudo -s and cd ~/Desktop, then type:

cp ./GetDSDT /usr/bin

cp ./iasl /usr/bin

and then type:

GetDSDT

iasl -d dsdt.dat

and see if that works.

I hate it when that happens...

Reboot your machine and type sudo -s and cd ~/Desktop, then type:

cp ./GetDSDT /usr/bin

cp ./iasl /usr/bin

and then type:

GetDSDT

iasl -d dsdt.dat

and see if that works.

In the Chameleon Bootloader? or Terminal?

• 1 month later...

Any progress on making a DSDT file for your k53e? I purchased 3 of these laptops a few weeks ago for $217 each from Amazon Warehouse Deals. :-) They are brand new I don't know why they were so cheap, it is good hardware, core i5 2.3 ghz 640 GB WD Scorpio Blue HD 4 GB of Ram . I did notice that two of the laptops were manufactured in June 2011 and the other was manufactured in May 2011. The May 2011 K53e has an elan trackpad and came with the an atheros 9285 card. The June 2011 k53e laptops have synaptics trackpads and realtek 8187 cards. I replaced them all with Dell atheros 9280 cards that are detected as native airport. The performance is good, but lion is very unstable on both the may 2011 and June 2011 models of the k53e. I think we need a DSDT for these laptops. I am constantly getting kernel panics and I think it is related to the sound but also the trackpad. I think it is due to problems with ACPI which a DSDT should help solve. I haven't had the time to extract my DSDT and patch it, as I am very busy watching my 1 1/2 year old son by myself. Too bad I didn't buy 2 more of these laptops as I am very pleased with the hardware..... Windows runs very well on these laptops, but I prefer not to use Windows unless I have to. I am planning to sell 1 of the laptops so that is why I want to get Lion working properly, the person who is interested in it wanted a macbook but now is interested in this laptop. Anyways, if anyone has any suggestions on how to make these more stable please tell me. I really need Lion to run more stable before I can sell it and give one to my girlfriend.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think you really need DSDT. I have no issue for past months. Everything went smooth.

One issue :\

May 08, 2012

I know I'm back such a long time! Mac is running perfectly without DSDT. Only problem is Shutdown, I don't really care lol.

One issue, how do I connect my laptop to Monitor? It gave me unexpected graphic, everything went out like totally mess up. Any help?

Thanks.