[Guide and Solved] Ati Radeon HD 2600 Pro 512 MB kext on lion 10.7.2 working

slackwx

5 posts in this topic

there are two kext files. one of them is aty_init.kext another one is ATI2600controller.kext.

ATI2600controller.kext has been added device id 9589x1002 and it started working now :)

it is really great happiness!

download the kext files and use next wizard to install these kexts and don't forget to clear the cache and repair permissions.

Mainboard is gigabyte EP45-DS3R

netkas_nexus_lion_10.7.2_Ati_radeon_hd_2600_pro_512_mb_driver_osx86mac.zip

Please could you specify what is working for you with these drivers??

Working card-specific framebuffer -> Results in ability to properly set display resolutions, gamma management and hardware cursor

Working GA -> Results in OpenGL and Video Acceleration (OpenCL not applicable for RV6XX and RV7XX due to the lack of shared memory functionality)

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

there are two kext files. one of them is aty_init.kext another one is ATI2600controller.kext.

ATI2600controller.kext has been added device id 9589x1002 and it started working now :)

it is really great happiness!

download the kext files and use next wizard to install these kexts and don't forget to clear the cache and repair permissions.

Mainboard is gigabyte EP45-DS3R

I have Sapphire RADEON HD 2600 XT (256MB) I tried these kexts, it didn't work, I even tried disabling GraphicsEnabler and many other tricks. none of them worked! :(

If there's a proper way to do so, please share it.

THANKS!

P.S : too bad, my XFX 8800 GT stopped working due to fan cables problem. It used to work flawlessly with GraphicsEnabler=Yes ONLY.

I wish there was a way to buy another one, the city where I live is full of retards who think that silent cards are the best for gaming.