Alienware m17x R2 Running iAtkosL2 Succesfully !

maaf1212

2 posts in this topic

Finally after trying many different things I have my M17x running iAtkos L2, I had to do some slight modifications but as per right now everything is working but the VGA port for a second display. Not Bad.

My Alienware is running on a core duo extreme, 4gb ram, and dual GTX280m video cards , here is how i got it working.

1- Download and burn iAtkosL2 ( google is your friend )

2- If you have more than one video card you will need to remove one, with the dual GTX 280m configuration you will have a black screen or low resolution on your screen , i tried every possible kext for the GT280M , including Netkas injector with no success , so your first step will be removing an extra video card. This wont affect your computer performance because Mac is not SLI compatible yet.

To remove the video card fallow the instructions on this video, is very easy , I just had to take off 5 screws and that's it.

If you only have one video card then you can move to the next step.

3- Turn on the computer and press F2 to enter the Bios, then go to your graphic configuration and disable your onboard video card, hybrid graphics are not supported either and there are no drivers for the onboard 9400m, if you forget to disable the onboard chip you may have a kernel panic after the installation.

4- Set your hard drives for AHCI Legacy mode.

5- If you have 2 hard drives make sure that your Mac OS drive is booting first.

6- Insert your iAtkosL2 DVD and press F12 to boot from CD.

7- Just hit enter and wait , no verbose mode or advanced boot is required , once you get to your disk utility simply select your drive and format.

8- Click on the customize button before proceed to the install, select Chameleon Bootloader with graphics enabler , select standard ATA drivers , USB Fix , Wifi works out of the box , Realtek drivers for your ethernet, and VoodooHDA for your audio. DO NOT SELECT ANY OTHER GRAPHIC DRIVER.

Once the install is completed you will need to press F12 one more time to boot from the hard drive, your video card will work out of the box , now , you just will need the drivers for blue tooth. which you will see on an attachment at the end.

Enjoy !!

Bluetooth.zip

• 4 weeks later...