Welcome to InsanelyMac Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  

Acer Aspire 5742

2 posts in this topic

Hi all, first of all I present myself in the forum, this is a great place and you have helped me a lot whit my OSx86.

I have a Acer Aspire 5742 with Intel ® Core ™ i3-370M Processor (3M Cache, 2.40 GHz) and I'm not sure the graphics chip used, I think it is Intel HD Graphics 3000, but I could not confirm this, I I know that this is the device id 0x0046 Intel (0x8086) 0x0002 revision.

I've been time doing tests assuming it's a HD 3000 Graphics, I followed some of the threads of this and other forums but have not got any progress. iATKOS L2 works fine on my laptop, but graphics performance is terrible and I can only use 1024x768 resolution, though, to make it work I have to remove any Intel Graphics kexts. I have been researching and I found that Mac Book Pro 8.x uses the onboard graphics I've also seen this video on YouTube -

- and it made my curiosity to overflow! :chef:

Should not the graphics (assuming they are HD 3000) work with the native Apple kexts? :wallbash:

Thank you & bye.