Back from Chameleon to Windows Boot Manager

m_s

13 posts in this topic

hi!

I tried to install snow leopard and lion on my machine, but it doesn't work properly.

At the moment I have 3 main different OS on my laptop: Win XP, Win XP and Lion.

I need to remove Lion OS and return back to my old configuration: that is a basically made by 2 XP OS managed by the windows boot manager.

post-937883-0-75527000-1327416586_thumb.jpg

At the moment when i start the machine chameleon give me the possibility to choose between Lion and XP os. When i select XP, chameleon grant me the access to the windows boot manager. I need to start the machine and directly access to the windows boor manager and completely remove chameleon.

really thanks a lot

ok.. I'm here:

If an invalid or nonstandard partition table signature is detected, you will be prompted whether you want to continue. If you are not having problems accessing your drives, you should not continue. Writing a new master boot record to your system partition could damage your partition tables and cause your partitions to become inaccessible.

an invalid partition table was detected, i decided to create a new mbr and now my partitions are accessible no more.

what can i do for creating a new mbr?

Well what can I say, always read ahead before following instructions..

Use this to get your partitions back

http://www.cgsecurit...g/wiki/TestDisk

If you can move the drive to another PC that runs Windows, you could also try this:

http://neosmart.net/wiki/display/EBCD/Recovering+the+Windows+Bootloader+with+EasyBCD

• 2 weeks later...

Three ways that I can think of, best way first:

Run the DOS version from a bootable flash drive (use HP Storage format tool + the appropriate DOS/Win9x system files to make it bootable, easily found with google)

If you already have a random Linux live CD or DVD you can use apt-get or yum or whatever to get testdisk and run it from there. Follow iInstructions on the site.

Use one of the free rescue CDs listed on the site