Request: Step by Step - Snow Leopard / ESXi 5 (non-Apple HW)

3 posts in this topic

Hello

(and, naturally, a special thanks to Donk & MSoK for the Unlockers & Information in reference to them. Amazing stuff).

Since this is my first post, I want to say that I appreciate any and all help for the newbie.

I've combed through the forums for weeks now and I can't seem to find what I am looking for.

I've been trying to build a Mac OS X virtual network in VMWare ESXi 5.0 with Donk's Unlocker.

I can't seem to do so.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong (Maybe the wrong install disk, maybe I'm missing an EFI boot command, something...)

I'm simply requesting a step by step instructional guide on installing Snow Leopard and Snow Leopard Server in ESXi 5 on non-Apple Hardware.

The Unlocker works GREAT for VMWare Workstation 8 and I've been successful with getting Snow Leopard and Snow Leopard Server running in there.

But my end-game is to have a virtual Mac network setup in ESXi 5 to integrate with my current Windows network using the Magic Triangle method (I'm seasoned with that part, just need to get the virtual environment setup).

Thanks for any and all help.

If anyone is interested in helping, I'll reply with the details of where I've gotten so far (which isn't very far), but hopefully, we can draw up a step by step guide for others, so they won't have to go searching around as I have, unsuccessfully.

That's cool, Donk. Any help would be appreciated. I'm more than happy to help with correspondence (typing out the instructions).

I really think I can take this pretty far, with the right material. I've been integrating Mac OS X Server Open Directory with Active Directory for years now (since Tiger server).

I like to keep that going and it seems like the install for Lion on ESXi is pretty easy, but Snow Leopard is scarce. I like Lion, but I want to stick with Snow Leopard for now.

Thanks for responding.