Is it worth upgrading stable DESKTOP to Lion?

MichaelLynch90

4 posts in this topic

Would it be worth installing Lion on a stable Desktop currently running 10.6.4 with full acceleration etc. I use external sound card and wi-fi (both USB) and GeForce 210, so I believe my components to be compatible.

I just can't see what the point would be though... none of the features sound useful... Mission Control maybe, but I can install that on SL anyway!

You need to be at at least 10.6.6 to buy Lion from the App store.

I recommend updating to 10.6.8 before trying to install Lion, 10.6.8 is more like Lion under the hood, so if you can get 10.6.8 running it's a better "guarantee" that Lion will work.

That said I completely agree that it's pointless to upgrade, for me the only thing Lion has going for it is that boot time is shorter and the Finder is a bit snappier than Snow Leopard.

i did an upgrade from 6.8 to 7.2 and it went smooth using the [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] method with lion that was purchased through the app store, but to be honest the only reason I did it was for native ATI6870 graphics support . the only other reason that i could see to make the jump is if you have a magicpad like on the MBP/MBA. lion makes all the difference!