Working TOSHIBA Tecra M2 90% with sound, but no wifi

Aditya Pamungkas

8 posts in this topic

Spec: 1st gen centrino 1.7ghz, 1gig ram, HDD 60GB dual boot, 64mb nvidia geforce fx5200go 3 partition (XP, osX, docs), soundMAX ac97 ich4 installed osX first then reinstalled xp coz the bootloader disappeared, had to reformat my docs partition to FAT32 so i can share files to both OS. everything works fine and fast but no qe and ci, also no wifi intel pro 2200. had the audio working after i knew that in most toshiba laptops, there is an option in xp to set if hardware is set by OS or on, so i chose on and it works :lol: got itunes 5 running with no prob (dunno how to set rosetta there? ;) but its fast and no lag anyway so its all good) browsing with safari is fine except i dunno how to install flash 8 (although it did install when i set to rosetta but dunno where it went) adobe cs 2 works fine, and somewhat faster than xp :blink: iwork pages work fine but keynote can't display presentation although i can edit then, but i can't play, it sez something like vga ram is too small, i guess its the nvidia fx5200go thing, but am recording my guitar with garage band now.. this rocks!! B) gonna get logic express 7 soon and will give a try on that. So anyone got intel pro 2100/2200 working yet? also is there a driver emulator or something to enable core image and quartz and detect my vga? it would be really nice if i can do a presentation on this with keynote 2 ;) thanks guys...

• 1 month later...
Spec: 1st gen centrino 1.7ghz, 1gig ram, HDD 60GB dual boot, 64mb nvidia geforce fx5200go 3 partition (XP, osX, docs), soundMAX ac97 ich4 installed osX first then reinstalled xp coz the bootloader disappeared, had to reformat my docs partition to FAT32 so i can share files to both OS. everything works fine and fast but no qe and ci, also no wifi intel pro 2200. had the audio working after i knew that in most toshiba laptops, there is an option in xp to set if hardware is set by OS or on, so i chose on and it works :D got itunes 5 running with no prob (dunno how to set rosetta there? :( but its fast and no lag anyway so its all good) browsing with safari is fine except i dunno how to install flash 8 (although it did install when i set to rosetta but dunno where it went) adobe cs 2 works fine, and somewhat faster than xp :D iwork pages work fine but keynote can't display presentation although i can edit then, but i can't play, it sez something like vga ram is too small, i guess its the nvidia fx5200go thing, but am recording my guitar with garage band now.. this rocks!! :D gonna get logic express 7 soon and will give a try on that. So anyone got intel pro 2100/2200 working yet? also is there a driver emulator or something to enable core image and quartz and detect my vga? it would be really nice if i can do a presentation on this with keynote 2 :D thanks guys...

Can you tell me the details about enable the sound? Thanks!

• 6 months later...

Hi guys

i got 1st gen. Tecra M2 and sound isn't working. I get message after every reboot that Audio97 wasn't installed properly. Everything is going fine with my M2 except wireless. I got display 1024x768 24bit. Can't go above it.

Could you please help me to sort out my sound card?

Thanks

Hi

Fist of all, I am running ver 10.4.6 and wanted sound working on 1st of Tosiba Tecra M2 but it want working at all. Now i got both speakers working and made my own way installing audio driver in text file. please check it for information.

Finder...Applications...Utilities....

open Terminal

type

sudo -s

<type your password> then press enter

chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAC97Audio.kext (you can drag the ac97 kext here from the extensions folder) then press enter

chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAC97Audio.kext (you can drag the ac97 kext here from the extensions folder) then press enter

kextcache -k /System/Library/Extensions

diskutil repairPermissions /

kextload /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAC97Audio.kext (if driver is ok it will load it successfully otherwise it will give msg that driver can't be loaded in kernal)

when complete...X out of terminal and terminate

reboot

upon reboot, you should have audio.

thanks for your help

Working_Audio_File.zip

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...
Hello, just want to ask you Aditya Pamungkas, please what release are you using ???

Cause on my Tecra M2 I juste have a black screen, trying JaS 10.4.6 and JaS 10.4.8.

Thanks for Help

Try to put on a external display, you may find it working.