Introduction. And A Slight Issue with Lion

Nicolas Prieur

4 posts in this topic

Hello all!

I would like to formally introduce myself to the Insanely Mac community. I heard you guys were nice and helpful people, just like myself, so we should get along just fine!

I have failed the Quiz part 2 by 1 point so before I can take it again I thought I would post my problem here in the meantime, and with some luck have a solution.

Hello Everyone!

I recently installed Lion using the most up to date tonymacx86 guide using a memory card. Everything went pretty much smoothly and I managed to make it run, I ran [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] because I wanted to install DSDT for my mobo and audio drivers. Upon running [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] ( during the patching/installation) it did a kernel panic ( You need to restart your computer blabla) so I restarted it, but on startup it does a kernel panic as well. I wanted to note also that I am booting from the memory card still because I don't know how to boot into Lion otherwise, feel free to ask me anything.

Specs:

Core 2 Duo 2.8 Ghz E7400

6gb Ram * Unknown brand *

GTX 460 768MB.

500 GB Green WD Hard Drive

Gigabyte P43-ES3G ( Not available on Tonymacx86 DSDT Database)

External Wifi Card

Hi, welcome to Insanelymac.

First off, at the chameleon screen, stop the boot by pressing a key, then type -v and press enter.

This will boot in verbose mode, when it panics you'll see 'system uptime in nanoseconds'. Take a photo of that screen and post it up.