iatkos l2 freeze at "press any key screen" screen

userwindows

9 posts in this topic

I am trying to install iatkos l2 on my Alienware m14x but everytime i boot iatkos l2 from a dvd+rw (i used transmac to burn the dmg file) it always freezes at a screen that says "press any key to startup from iatkos or press f8 for startup option" and everytime i press f8 or any other key it freezes. The sata mode was always ahci so i didnt changed it and yes my md5 checksum matches. so is there any solution to this?

heres my specs

intel i7-2670qm @ 2.20 Ghz (Core Temp idenfies it as 2720qm but i can assure you its 2670qm)

NVIDIA gt555m 1.5gb

4 gb ram ~ 2x2gb 1600mhz ddr3

750gb sata hard disk

Why use a distro, your hardware is perfectly compatible so use retail.

Download the latest chameleon or chimera along with Lion (I used the Gold Master version as it's the same as the 10.7.0 retail).

Read up on how to make the Lion install media. You will need either an external hard drive or an 8gb+ usb stick.

Basically you copy the installation files to the USB/HDD and then install a boot loader, along with any kexts you will need. i.e. fakesmc.kext

This is the easiest way to install Lion.

I hope this helps

• Like 1

i have successfully boot iatkos l2 to apple logo using [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] legacy but a kernel panic "unable to find driver for this platform:\ACPI" occurs just after a few seconds

flag: -x-y arch=i386 busratio=20 maxmem=4095 PCIRootUID=1 GraphicsEnabler=No

if -x is not present, it wont even reach the apple logo

heres the pic

img1692h.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

boot with npci=0x2000

Booting with -x is putting you into 32bit (safe mode), this may be the only way in due to the fact you're booting with [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url].

I don't think legacy [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] is really going to help you. You're going to need chimera or chameleon (possibly rBoot but I don't use tonymacx86 tools so couldn't tell you for definite).

Go retail, I promise you'll never look back (except maybe to laugh).

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

One question, If the problem is kernel, why retail will work?

Why use a distro, your hardware is perfectly compatible so use retail.

Download the latest chameleon or chimera along with Lion (I used the Gold Master version as it's the same as the 10.7.0 retail).

Read up on how to make the Lion install media. You will need either an external hard drive or an 8gb+ usb stick.

Basically you copy the installation files to the USB/HDD and then install a boot loader, along with any kexts you will need. i.e. fakesmc.kext

This is the easiest way to install Lion.

I hope this helps