Which AMD MoBo?

johnnytluxury

4 posts in this topic

Hey guys, youll notice in my sig I was using a Chaintech NF3 mobo. Well it bit the dust, and I was in a hurry to replace it, so i went to Newegg and got the first cheap Nforce 3 board i could. This move has sent me down to RMA hell as i am now on Mobo #3 and I STILL dont have OSX compatibility. Nforce3 seems riddled with compatibility isses, though ive ben told its the better of the two big names, the other being VIA. Is anyone using VIA for their OSX setup? Ive also been looking into the MSI K8N neo as Ive seen many here using it, and it seems to be the one that works with OSX, it seems I can trust it. Whats yall opinions?

Nobody wants to bite at this? Im asking because now im having a bit of trouble with my newest install. My new EPoX Mobo isnt not playing nice at all with OSX and I cant figure why. Im assuming its the one or two of the on board peripherals that are creating this trouble ( the trouble being I cant install OSX whatsoever. The Dvd starts and shows the grey apple screen and thats it, locks up.) The EPoX uses an all Nvidia setup whereas the Chaintech i had before eschwed the Nvidia peripherals for Silicon Image SATA, and VIA sound. The lockup happenes no matter what build or version (JaS Goatsecx, HOtIso) Im use. Ive disabled the sound and the LAN on the EPoX, Ive yet to disable the SATA but hopefully thatll be my cure. Hopefully.

• 1 month later...

as always there is some people who made it with Nforce3 but only editing the appleviaata.kext with their

own device id.

Now for via is actually almost the same to get it work

greeting

desde Chile